Looking for an experienced Splunk engineer or Cybersecurity Analyst. Develop and enhance existing security solutions using big data technology. Combine multiple security logs to produce a comprehensive security dashboard as per project requirements.
* Perform hands-on technical analysis of test data and use critical thinking and a broad understanding of different technologies to identify areas susceptible to cyber-attack, based upon provided cyber-threat intelligence.
* Assist in developing recommended improvements to engineering requirements and specifications.
* Support the development of presentations and reports to document findings, and will require good communication and interpersonal skills to convey findings in a tactful manner and at the technical proficiency of the audience.
* Provide overall engineering and design support for a distributed Security Analytics platform environment consisting of agents, collector and analytic platform servers, spanning security, performance, and operational roles.
* Support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflow
* Familiar with recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Security Analytics platform, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
* Ability to support Linux environment, editing and maintaining Security Analytics platform configuration files and apps.
* Work with other Cybersecurity Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Security Analytics platform search queries and dashboards.
* Capable of providing cybersecurity engineering support on systems, system elements, interfacing systems, components, security tools, devices and/or processes for developmental and operational cyber tools
* Possess in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge of cyber defensive operations and technologies
* Capable of working independently or as a team member to solve cybersecurity engineering problems
* Translate analytical findings into security use cases that can be implemented within available surveillance capabilities
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related degree is desired
* 3+ years of experience in Security Analytics related platform
* Experience in Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces
* Experience in SQL
* Knowledge in Splunk is preferred
* Experience in app interface development, using REST API's is preferred
* Experience using Python
* Experience in Bash Scripting